More Old Iron

Hi all. I have put some pictures on my webshots page of my recent purchases. The lister A type and little hoizontal engine, came from a local sale, i'm not sure what make the horizontal engine is, i thought it might be a ruston hornsby but please correct me if im wrong, it has no makers plate or numbers on the castings any info on this would be appreciated. The lister B was an ebay purchase collected today from stroud, it has an interesting magneto arrangment, possibly to get around the problem of the mag rotation being the wrong way, it was used to power a cider mill untill around 15 years ago, hope this is of interest, regards,

Gary

gary millward

perhaps a Lister expert would comment on the B hopper which looks slightly unusual to me? The small engine is an International LA or LB of which many were imported under lend-lease. You should have no trouble getting parts in the USA. Looks like you'll need a few :-) regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Roland Thanks for clearing that up for me, its been bugging me as to what make and model it is. I am quite new to the hobby, so my knowledge is a little limited. Your right about the parts, it is in a sorry state, i removed the rear inspection plate thursday evening, to find no oil at all, but on the plus side theres not much rust in there either. I'm going to drop the whole thing in a bath of diesel and forget about it for now, in order to get my other projects finished, thanks, regards, Gary

Reply to
gary millward

Roland, Are you refering to the fact that the Hopper is too square and the hole is too round and central!

Mart> perhaps a Lister expert would comment on the B hopper which looks

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hi Gary, The horizontal is almost certainly an International Harvester Co Type LA or LB 1.5 HP. See

Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Both. The hopper looks short to me and the hole very neat. Perhaps its an early B?? ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Reply to
Campingstoveman

recent

rotation

The serial number on the Lister B dates the engine to 1932, the mag bracket has been removed from the engine and bolted to the metal skids and redrilled to match the holes on the rs1 mag, but the bracket is for the older type ML MCK mag. Regards, Gary

Reply to
gary millward