Not stationary,

But could someone please tell me where the foxtrot this clip came from and is it real footage or GCI?

Bob Spowart

I'd love to think it's real, but I suspect that it is games CGI

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Looks CGI, especially the mossie landing with tyre smoke on grass!!! Added it to my favorites though as a nice video.

Joules

Reply to
Joules Beech

what are you two on about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
campingstoveman

Is it real film or Computer Generated Images

Peter

Prepair Ltd

The low level pass gives me goosebumps just like the real thing. I think thats the sound, as it has the same effect with my eyes closed! The pictures are at least computer superposition of real images. If you pause and look at the props on the spits in the early shots they are at exactly the same place, and stay the same relative to each other, surely that would never happen. Excellent work though.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

There are a few more of these computer generated clips by the same (Japanese) chap on the www, I found them a while ago but can't seem to find them again, I uploaded a couple of them for you all.

I hope they work!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

The tyre smoke looks brown. I suspect dust.

John

Reply to
John

Reply to
campingstoveman

The comments beneath the clip,Such as "Incredible! I had to watch it a few times to see that it's CGI." and " Now THAT is some awesome CG work!!!!" rather give the game away. Lou Bricant

Reply to
Lou Bricant

And what makes you think these people are any more qualified to tell than the rest of us ? They could be schoolkids thinking this is the new version of flight simulator (though that could actually make them more qualified than us to tell the difference)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Here's another CG from the same stable. The 'landing' is the obvious giveaway here. I did a seaplane rating in Florida years ago!

(tell me if the link doesn't work)

Julian

Reply to
Julian