OT: A day without Engines, stationary that is

Gentlemen,

for those of you interested please look at some picture I took today that don't involve Stationary engines.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Hmm - nice Marcos.

I was at the Pageant of Power and that had some extraordinary old and rare engines, though again not stationary. There were two GN cyclecars attacking the track. One with a 4.3 litre V-twin air-cooled Riley engine mounted transversely in the chassis, and another (with wooden chassis) has a V8 J.A.P. engine of 1908 vintage. Air cooled and open camshaft as well as open valve gear - but a truly excellent engine, well set-up. Then there was the Napier-Bentley. Lots of interesting cars and bikes of all ages took on the sprint course, from BSA Bantam to Lola T70, and 1897 to 1997.

I have pictures of these two cyclecar engines if anyone is interested

- would post them if this newsgroup technology permitted it (isn't it about time pictures were allowed on newsgroups?).

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Pictures are permitted on newsgroups. You just have to have a permit to the technology ! Come back if you would like further details of the permit necessary.

Regards brain Pete Stockdale

Pete Stockdale

Thats funny, Google say that even the facility for uploading files into an image folder is not available for Usenet. I suppose the reason is not the technology but the fact it is an unmoderated group, and that could mean some very unpleasant images might arrive from the occasional spammers.

Through a car club I am on a Yuku group and that allows direct posting of images into the threads. This is excellent, but of course we have a moderator to police the thing (though I don't think he has much to do).

Steve

Reply to
Steve

No, it's because Google don't carry the "*.binaries.*" hierarchy. If you want to post and read pictures on Usenet, you need Usenet client software, such as Thunderbird, [Free] Agent, Mozilla, or Outlook Express - and access to a Usenet server that carries those groups.

Reply to
MatSav

"MatSav" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

" (isn't it about time pictures were allowed on newsgroups?). "

asked Steve.

Sorry that I was a bit obscure in my first reply. In the case of non binary groups (eg ukrec this and that) you need to process the picture through a webspace server that will give it a URL. You then publish the URL to the group. That way pictures are allowed on newsgroups. I have free webspace on Geocities - available to anybody afaik, There are numerous other providers.

eg

Regards Pete

Pete Stockdale