OT - at lunch yesterday

Hazel & I went to lunch with her bridesmaid that she grew up with but has not seen in some years. We all sat down to a jolly roast pork lunch & the talk flowed.

Mine host told us of a chap he knew who was much into steam railways & being a Somerset man to his teeth, was enamoured of the GWR & all its works, being especially a fan of IKB.

Waxing lyrical about Devon & Cornwall, the south coast & such, he was pressed to say where in Britain he'd liked to have been born if not in the south west. This caused his brow to furrow as he stoked his pipe & blew out the match. "Well" he said uncertainly "LNER ran a good show, too......"

I just needed to share it........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn. Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Electronic engineers build radar, Civil Engineers build targets.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Having recently read almost the entire canon of OS Nock for sheer nostalgia's sake (No, I don't know why either) I'm forced to admit that Gresley's pacifics probably _were_ better all rounders. If only they'd built them in Swindon.

I was brought up in LNWR territory within earshot of the original L&M. GWR fan all my life though.

PS - Talking of Swindon, why is it that the old works which is now a "factory mall" has a Bulleid pacific parked outside it ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley