OT: Computer Upgrade Book

More for Kim than anyone, but the 'PC Upgrade & Maintenance Guide' is a useful addition to the bookshelf if you regularly pull hardware to bits and don't have a handy mentor available at phone's length away.

I've had the earlier edition for some years, but recently snaffled a more up to date 11th edition, which includes a couple of CD's and is thick enough to choke an elephant!

The CD's contain a set of toolkit programmes on one and an hour-long g upgrades on the other.

UK price was £45 :-(( got mine for £22 including postage. There is a later version or two out now, but the information is still current for most of the hardware we use here and at work, and I find it helpful enough to justify the costs. A couple of colleagues have benefited from the information in there as well, which is handy for those late-evening crashes!

ISBN 0-7821-2800-9 Cheapest secondhand I have seen is about £14.00 plus postage.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes