OT - Concorde pics on Webshots

British Airways Concorde G-BOAF completed her final commercial flight yesterday and landed at Filton in Bristol where she was the last Concorde built. She will become the centrepiece of a new major aerospace museum.

As a Life Member of the Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust, I was lucky enough to be at the airfield to see her fly over at 12.45 and then touch down at just after 1.00pm GMT. I took some digital photos of her and 23 of these may be seen at

I also ran off a 36 exposure chemical film using a 500mil lens which is away being developed. Watch this space!

Airbus, the successors to The Bristol Aeroplane Company that built them, have now handed back the Type Certification to the Civil Aviation Authority, effectively sealing the fate of all aircraft of this type to moulder as museum exhibits.

There are also some pics of the Rolls-Royce company Spitfire and a P51D Mustang that flew in from North Weald that morning.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Kim,

A question, could you date the Ranger engine on your pics site because the Auxiliary engine that is fitted into Mary Alice at Duxford is the one in your Stat engine article this month and from memory the Liberator that Duxford had for a while was the same and I dont recognise the Ranger.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Sorry Martin - the "ranger" engine? I can't get into Webshots at the moment, but naturally have all the pics here too.

Which engine is that?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

OK, got it now, the ABC type APU that I found in the Spruce Goose museum.

Dunno, I've lookled at my pics but there is no date on the tags - pics of which I've sent you off list.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn