OT - Lucas jokes

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness"

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF. The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.

"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob...

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.

Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" He replied, "It doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"

Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.

Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas made the refrigerators, too.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone. Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

Usual disclaimers ........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

If you think no one cares, try stopping a Direct Debit!

Reply to
Kim Siddorn
[%X}

LOL

Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Kim, I will not have Lucas denegrated like that 16 years of my working life went to that company and I was priveliged to serve a very good four year apprenticeship with that company until the B******S made me redundant :-))

Mart> The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Reply to
Campingstoveman

The best laugh about Lucas is the Yanks are always taking the piss out of warm beer saying Lucas make refrigerators.

Truth is our beer for the last 10 years has followed the yank tradition of being chilled that much it's nigh impossible to swill a couple of swift pints whilst waiting at the bar for Gerts vodka and whatever is the flavour this week.

They have to chill their 'beers' to this temperature otherwise they will gas off at anywhere near room temperature. A true beer, of which the yanks have no idea, doesn't have to be frozen. American beer is like making love in a canoe, it's f~#king near water.

Copper stops my mate one night. "Have you been drinking sir?" "Just had 15 bottles of Budweiser officer" " No I mean have you been drinking intoxicating liquor ?"

Now for the biggest Lucas joke. A few years ago Lucas was split off into two groups, Aerospace and Automotive. We kept the lucrative Aerospace arm and sold the Automotive side to the yanks. So when then take the piss out of Lucas they are taking the piss out of themselves. Nice one that.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson