OT - March 20th

March 20th 1602, foundation of the Dutch East India Company. For other information regarding this date, try a Google search.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Campingstoveman

Does he mean February or is his clock still on British Summer Time ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

British Summer time? Doesn't that relate to the lifespan of a Mayfly? :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Ho-hum, I was being subtle - rather too subtle it seems.

Leave off the 1602 in your search......

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote

Ah - March 20th 1956: Tunisia gains independence from France

Good one!

Reply to
Nick H

Is this some kind of crytic crossword or have I lost the plot.

Mart> "Kim Siddorn" wrote

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Have you tried doing a search for March 20th in google?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Pearson

Right I've done a search on Google and there lots of stuff on March 20th including some weird Australian ritual but nothing of any relevance. I'm none the wiser to be honest!

Mart> Have you tried doing a search for March 20th in google?

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I was assuming that the ritual was what Kim was refering to (it appears to be international, but rarely observed btw).

Reply to
Stuart Pearson

Arrrrgh!!

So I tried it again & got the result I expected, but then I tried it in UK pages only & it's a lot harder to find. So, WWW .............

Mornington Crescent!

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Spring in the air yourself!

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

"Stuart Pearson" wrote

Does "A Bang And A Wimpy" (Attila the Stockbroker) refer to a more prosaic version of this ritual?

Bet you wish you'd never started this thread Kim!

Reply to
Nick H

"Campingstoveman" wrote

And I thought you were a John Peel fan Martin.

Reply to
Nick H

"Campingstoveman" wrote

You, stirring - never ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

it doesn't bode well when it has to be explained either :-))

Mart> "Stuart Pearson" wrote

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I have been holding a big wooden spoon and stirring like mad :-))

Nick H wrote:

Reply to
Campingstoveman

No wonder Roland buggered off!