OT - modern binary explosives.

No fun being a water melon these days.

Very sobering ..............
regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
I just wonder though whether that was faked. I'm no expert but if you freeze the video it looks as though the melon is there one frame then gone the next. But I could be wrong. I wonder what they used?
Reply to
malc
Hum, impressive but how much of that is due to the containment of the explosive or even the end of the black powder fuse inside the self amalgamating tape and how much of the melon destruction is down to pen shrapnel? And was the melon "vaporised" or just split apart and spread about out of shot, significant difference.
Black powder in an open tray just goes "whoosh", constrain it and you get a rather different result.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice
Google ANFO for how to make it. Wikepedia do a good write up on it.
John
Reply to
John