A good start :-)

Reply to
Roland Craven

"Roland Craven" wrote

? What's burning

Reply to
Nick H

Martyr. I can catch the whiff of a singing martyr miles away - I've been married for decades! regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Now which Aussie are you trying to stir up, Roland?

Will England manage to grab defeat from the jaws of victory yet again ;-)?

I love cricket scores, they're even more difficult to understand than Gordon Brown's calculations!

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

At 19for 4 (at 4:20 pm) I'm beginning to think your optimism is a little misplaced Roland, whilst Arthur's prediction is looking more probable. Here we go again :-((

Regards

JohnR

(Who would love us to win the Ashes.......but)

Reply to
JohnR

In message , JohnR writes

"Cricket"? Vot iz zis "Cricket"?

The last match I went to was memorable for the curry and beer in the wardroom afterwards :-)

TTFN

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Actually my original post contained neither optimism or prediction. Nor was I attempting to wind anyone up. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Gordon Brown's calculations!

He does calculations?

Reply to
John Manders

which ended very well on the first day. What was that score again?

Reply to
Scenic

But not good enough!!

Reply to
Scenic

Reply to
Roland Craven

I would have suggested that the British team burn the stumps and bails as a mark of respect to how bad they were but the silly buggers did that years ago. As usual in this country with the exception of Rugby we invent the games but cant play them :-))

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Oh ye of little faith :-)

ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Shame Vaughan didn't declare once it was 99% safe, there might have been a bit of fun at the end instead of the farce where everyone wanted to end it but the rules didn't allow it.

Great entertainment all round though.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

It's been a Good Year - first beating the French to the Olympics, now the Aussies at cricket ;o))

A man might quietly fold up his deck chair & retire to his club for a decent meal at the thought of such successes. One might even venture upon a bottle of decent fizz to celebrate - well played, gentlemen!

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

=============

Hear hear! Congratulations on a good win, from down-under (Do the Brits use this term, or only the Yanks?).

We will return!

JW² =============

Reply to
JW²

In article , Kim Siddorn writes

Well played indeed. Preferring good English ale, though, a bottle of Summer Lightning is going down very well as I type.

Anyone for Henham? Given enough diesel, which I now have, and nothing else in the way of problems, Geoff and I will be there on the Saturday as punters. On the Sunday morning, first a trip to Emmetts of Peasenhall to stock up on proper bacon, then to the Museum of Suffolk Rural Life at Stowmarket; their pair of Walsh and Clark ploughing engines, steam-outline, but twin-cylinder[61572] paraffin engine powered, have to be seen (and heard!) to be believed.

[61572]7-inch bore by 8-inch stroke.
Reply to
Andrew Marshall

Reply to