OT - towards better English -

- as she am spoke, guv - like ..............

I just came across this gem and felt I had to share it. It is taken from an aircraft electronics manual and was published in the house journal of the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators.

"The internal guidance system uses deviations to generate corrective commands to fly the aircraft from a position where it is to a position where it isn't. The aircraft arrives at the position where it wasn't , thus, the position where it was is the position where it isn't. In the event that the position where it is now is not the same as the position where it originally wasn't, the system will acquire a variation (variations are caused by external factors and discussion of these factors is beyond the scope of this simple explanation)....."

Reply to
Kim Siddorn