OT Towing

For those of you who may need towing off a rally field next season there is a cautionary tale here:

may need a fast connection to see this correctly.

Reply to
George Hendry

Hi George, I hear but don't see anything!

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map

Dave Croft

George, Even with Broadband I keep getting MCI error and it wont work.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

it seems to work OK on my box. it reminds me of many genuine attempts to help that have ended with bumpers and bodywork pulled off through too much enthusiasm.

Reply to
Ian R

In message , George Hendry writes

Try this link

works for me although stops occasionally to catch up with itself. Well worth watching though. Relates to 4 young men snowed into their drive and being helped out by a 4x4.

Reply to
George Hendry

if you can't watch the video clip, you probably need to install 'div x'. do a search for google, download and install the freee version and you should be away....

Ivan

Reply to
adrenalin

Yep,

does it for me.

Oh dear, I should so like to see the accident report form and the subsequent insurance claim!

Long years ago when Allegro's were new, a friend of mine was an AA scout (show you how long ago it was, he had just moved from his BSA M20 outfit to a van). Anyway, within a fortnight of them appearing on British roads, a sign appeared in their office that on no account was any AA employee to tow one: they must always be lift towed. It seems they used to g-r-o-w in length, especially if towed up hills or tow started to the considerable detriment of the spot welds .............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

That really, really made my day!

I see the O/T debate has risen again, how about rec.engines.stationary.ot because there is no way that I would want to miss the often hilarious things that like minded members contribute

p.s. you are lucky if you are not pinball mad as well... 493 posts this morning.

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor