pressurised coolant

How high do piston engined planes pressurise the glycol-water mix? and what compensates as the outside air pressure decreases with altitude?

Sitting in a traffic jam yesterday while I watched the pug 206 temperature rise and blow steam past the cap not only got me thinking why has that temperature sensor failed to start the fan, again...

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Ever since that happened to me some years ago on holiday, I put a relay across the temperature sensor terminals, which is operated by a switch on the dash, as way of insurance against boiling.

ISTR that early Fiesta fans started running as soon as the ignition was turned on.

Regards, DJC.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

As to the 206 overheating, they have a resistor that alows 2 fan speeds for the rad fan - it often fails resulting in the overheating problem. Now as to the aircraft engine I would assume that they run a similar system to a normal car but with a large overflow bottle ! Jagojules

Reply to
jagojules