Pulley source wanted

I shall make no comment about things in the Bristol area! However, Machine Mart sell Picador products. You could also try a bearing stockist such as BSL. Most now sell power transmission products as well. What section belt pulley do you want? Old washing machines can be a good source of workshop fodder.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I've got a couple of projects stalled at the moment for lack of a Vee belt pulley - nothing fancy, one about 7" diameter, the other about 8" - but have had a frustrating day trying to track something down in the Bristol area.

I found

But have had no response from them about a Bristol stockist - any ideas gentlemen?

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Pete Bailey's mate had boxes of the things at Enstone (just by the entrance). Anyone know his name? hth Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Is that the Northamptonshire Pete Bailey if so what vehicle did his mate have as I did not wonder far from my pitch.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

snip.. What size is the shaft, Kim?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Try Antifriction on 0117 955 2266 (in the middle of St Phillip's Marsh, near RS)

They had no problem supplying a triple vee pulley for my cabinet saw. However they're industrial, so they're not cheap, and they tend to sell pulleys with taperlock fittings. Very handy when you need one, but even more "not cheap".

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Erm, one is 17mm ID, the other 5/8". I've just dug out my Machine Mart catalogue and there is a store in Bristol! Thanks John ;o))

Unfortunately, they don't list anything smaller than 19mm, so I can see a sleeve being needed as well. It looked such an easy job, too .............

Regards,

Kim.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I went down to Antifriction yesterday afternoon. They gave me a coffee and were very friendly and helpful - but didn't have what I wanted. I was there the best part of an hour whilst the young fellow pored over his three day old catalogue, ably assisted by his mate and their boss.

Eventually, they appeared with a solid steel pulley that would act as a pretty good flywheel on a bigger engine than the one I'm working on! It cost £17.00 odd, plus another tenner for the tapered fitting in the centre that they'd have to order - and the boss was far too big for the application I'm endeavouring to complete.

So I thought I'd try this Fount of Knowledge ;o))

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I rang the local Wyko depot (formerly Fenner, FPT etc) today to order a bearing, & took the opportunity to ask them. SPA 180mm PCD pilot bored aluminium single pulley, readily available next day from head office, guestimated 30 quid each. That sounds a bit steep to me, but the actual price at all these places seems to depend on whether they like your face, what they had for breakfast, etc.

HTH Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech