Re: What would you run an oil engine on.

I think in the UK T.V.O. would be right. Is that what you would run say a Fordson E27N petrol "kero" tractor on ? Out here in Australia they have always called it power kero, I think that may be the American name. We use Jet A aircraft and helecopter fuel as a substitute in the tractors because power Kero is not available at all through normal sales channels and that is a substitute.

Reply to
Graham Veitch

I may just have given out some wrong information and was wondering if any

> one here could tell me what you would run an oil engine on in the UK. I am > talking of engines such as Crossleys Hornsbys Tangys Blackstones ect of the > surface vapourising type. I have always used lighting kerosene (like you > would put in a lamp, I think you call it parrafin in the UK) and have told a > lot of people in the past not to use power Kerosene like you would use in a > petrol kero tractor under any circumstances. I gave out this advice a short > time ago on the Australian T.O.M.M. forum and have had a contradictory > response from somone I like and who's opinion I value and yet from personal > experience and what I was told by the older operators of these machines when > I was a lot younger I believe Power kero is too volatile for this type of > engine. What would you advise to use in the UK ?

By "Power Kero" do you mean TVO? (Tractor Vaporising Oil) See

for history.

Reply to
Dave Croft