Slightly OT Sachs diesel Howard Gem help requested.

Can anyone help us- we are trying to get a Howard Gem rotovator running. It has a Sachs two stroke diesel engine, presumably of 600cc capacity. We put in the lit starter fuse and crank and crank but the bugger will not go. Has anyone got any tips?

Does anyone know what the knob located behind the throttle linkage is for? I'm under the impression its involved in stopping the engine when required but I have no idea what position it should be in. It was in but when I pulled it out it stayed partially out and now doesn't seem to want to go all the way back in.

Ideally I would like to get a service manual, anyone know where I can source one or get a photocopy? Any online resources out there? I've googled with little result.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

TIA

Sam

Reply to
Sam

This will be no consolation or help but - I had a Gem with a Sachs diesel and never could could get the damned thing to fire let alone start. Interestingly whenever I have seen a Gem with a Sachs for sale its never made much money - coincidence??

That said I did actually see one in use years ago by a contractor and it seemed to quite a powerful unit well matched to the Gems weight and mechanical abilities.

Dudley

this email address is now dead thanks to the 200 items of spam a day I receive thanks to NTL not having the will power to offer any filtering of email at server level

Reply to
dudley