Slightly OT: Sobering Thought

Gentlemen,
Whilst driving back from Manchester today I was listening to professor Heinz
Wolfe who made a comment which gave me a lot of thought.
"Technology and Invention has now out-stripped mans needs" in other words we
are now making something that we don't need for the hell of it.
We must now be into phase 999 of the throw away society.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Not anymore, didn't MG-Rover close? :-)
Tom
Reply to
Tom
That's fine. We can now look forward to 5 years of Government making laws we don't need. I believe its called progress ?? ttfn Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
No they are in the process of being bailed out by the new labour government. They are going to produce two new models, the P45 and the P60
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
retrograde progress Roland :-))