Something else to rant about

Gentlemen,

Not wishing to put a downer on anything we do but this was brought to my attention last night and is also in "Vapourising"

Customs and Excise have just made life just a little more difficult.

Not only will they dip for red diesel at rallies but now TVO.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Something you can thank Gordon Brown for.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I doesn't sound like much of a worry to me, (unless I've missed something) because marked 28 second kerosene, AKA domestic central heating oil may be used legally. Maybe you might want to put a little white diesel in too, but the chap I know with his Fergie 25 runs it on 28 second kero with no bother.

Reply to
Julian

Julian,

If you read deeper into the wording, look at the glossary, you will find that rebated oil, in this case central heating oil, does not carry the full tax that Diesel, petrol or other motor fuels do so without a license it will be illegal to mix heating oil with other road fuels to create TVO. If your tank is dipped and you have TVO and cant produce a receipt of purchase or a licence to make it you will be subject to a fine.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Sorry, AIUI (feel free to tell me where I'm going wrong!) HMRC have issued a concession to allow its use (normal caveats apply to the use of rebated fuel, as always)

Here's the bit in question:

HMRC have agreed to issue a General Licence under regulation 43 of the Hydrocarbon Oil Regulations 1973 to enable individual owners to mix rebated kerosene with other road fuels for use in vintage tractors constructed before 1960.

It sounds like they have agreed to its use to me!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

As long as the individual has the licence

Reply to
campingstoveman

Yes, but it doesn't sound like an onerous task to me. I think this concession is just the ticket for the vintage tractor people, there has always been this question regarding the use of kerosene but that's now been sorted out.

Regarding road runs etc, it won't be legal to have any form of rebated fuel in the tank, that includes red Diesel for Diesel tractors. I do however think that HMRC have got better things to do with their time and think the posibility of a surprise ambush for tank dipping is posible, but very unlikely indeed!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Julian, Don't under estimate some one who has better things to do. How many police do you see daily checking car speeds, yet when you report a crime you are given a number but no follow up ! If it earns money they do it.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Ahhh! It is now Dr.Gordon Brown. If I heard the regional news correctly, Newcastle University bestowed an Honourary Doctorate upon him, (also Sir Bob G. and two others), for his work in decreasing third world debt and donating =A315m. to the said cause. I can only presume this money he raised was by some charitable work on his own behalf. Not from the public purse, surely?

D=2EJ.C.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Doesn't this come under the cash for honours enquiry?

John

Reply to
John