Sorting out the bits

I had some fun, spoke to several people I know, bought a few things, left nothing behind I'm kicking myself for. I reckon it was a fun day out for a fiver.

Arriving at 10.00am, I drove straight in - although I was almost the last to do so and I could see the traffic stacked up on the road behind me. By the time the gates were opened, the traffic jam had cleared and a stream of cars was flowing in still, although my gut feeling is that there were fewer punters this time than last autumn. I could not go in the spring as the dim-witted fools had set it on Easter Saturday ;o((

I promptly found a brace of unrestored Tiny Tim generators which I equally promptly bought. I found a very nice brass topped tripod to display one of my big spotlamps, an eighty year old Villiers twostroke engine with the radial head finning, mounted on a bearer block and complete with ignition generator (which works), carb and exhaust, a couple of Wico flat twin mags, one £20 & the other £3.00 and some much needed petrol taps and cork seals at very reasonable prices from a certain Wild and Wolseley Scotsman! The cork seals fit the Enot's type of petrol tap, (the flat blade ones) and at six for a quid are an absolute bargain - go get some this winter and stop yer taps leaking in an unsightly fashion.

That was all, really, but I went round part of it again, filling up my pockets with whim purchases like a pair of beautifully made servo motors for two quid that fit in the palm of the hand and other odds and sods.

Nick Highfield found me a couple of twin cylinder distributors that might come in very handy on the Vee4 until the right BTH MC2's turn up.

What's in *your* boot?

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote (snip):-

My boot is currently a Wico graveyard!

I shall explain. As you may know, one of my objectives for this sort-out was to find a mag for Scott PAB - shouldn't be too hard, clockwise Wico A with impulse - well there seemed to be plenty anti-clock but the only clockwise one I found had the wrong drive dog. Good spark though so I bought it anyway. Later on I was rummaging through a box of bits looking for the right drive dog, when the vendor said "you can have the lot for a tenner". When I realised that he meant not only the box I was looking in but another as well, I couldn't resist and off I went with the mortal remains of perhaps a dozen Wico A's!

I didn't really buy anything else - no Norman T300 exhaust pipes on offer - though when I saw a pair of twin cyl distributors I did venture the required fiver on Kim's behalf on the assumption that they might at least be used to get the ABC up and running until something better came along.

No complete engines called to me, which is probably a good thing, though a flat twin Levis was interesting to look over as was a quite modern little OHC single made by Impex - anyone know any more about either of these?

Reply to
Nick H

(big snip)

Hi Kim, Nice tale but it would make more sense if we knew where it happened!

Reply to
Dave Croft

The clue is in the title - I try to do that to make it more fun ;o))

It seems I've been a shade too obscure for those not within reach of the M4 corridor and the SORTing out I referred to was the much-advertised Sodbury Sort out at the Newbury Showground, Junction of the A34 and M4.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

"Dave Croft"

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Did you notice the price on the Levis flat twin? £485 - Four eight five, goodness me.

I just laughed and said "Really?" I noticed it was still there as I completed my second circuit at 2.30.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote (snip):-

No, I didn't ask. I'd like to know what it was used on though, I don't think Levis ever made a flat twin motorcycle but there was no cooling fan to suggest a stationary application.

Reply to
Nick H