Trailer

What a good idea. Should not be hard to adapt many trailers with a cheap engine crane from Machine Mart.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Seems like a lot of effort when you could just buy an engine crane and a trailer, keep them separate, and then be able to use the crane elsewhere. Plus not have a trailer that is huge, yet can only carry something that will fit on a pallet.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

The idea is a valid one, but as Dan says, the actual use is restricted, and the weight of the trailer must be heavy for a single axle. Wheel and tyre size looks OK for 1200kg or so, they look like standard 13" caravan wheels.

Having said that, it is still a useful tool to have aropund if you regularly move that sort of stuff.

I wondered about the torsional stress in the front frame, as there is nothing at the back to stop it all twisting.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

I'd considered getting a workshop crane for some time as my engines seem to be unaccountably putting on weight. I thought perhaps one of the invalid hoist types might do just for getting things on and off trolleys but they seem to fetch good money on ebay, so I've ended up with a slightly used chiwanese beasty of the sort that machine mart sell. I had expected it to be a bit 'orrid and light weight given what they cost new, but it is a solid job and at nearly 200lbs, almost as difficult to move as an engine!

NHH

Reply to
NHH