Wessex Club Rally

- is at the Clutton Flower Show this coming weekend. I shall be there - anyone else going?

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

There's an event "Wessex Transport Society Festival of Transport" is this different?

Reply to
Fred

Yep, it is indeed! 80 odd engines as a rule & some very interesting units to see. Follow the signs from the middle of Clutton.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Popped in on the way back to West Wales from an exhausting 10 days of being nice to extended family, & being burnt on balcony overlooking beach in Bourenmouth....

Luckily, SWMBO needed Saturday to check out possible new Wiltshire or Somerset relocation, so we went Sunday. Much drier .......

Liked to see some scarcer engines. Eagle, EEC, Barker, Victoria & variety of US open cranks all caught my eye, plus the nicest Lister D I've seen. Delightfully age-weathered in its original cement mixer. Such a relief compared to over-restored pastiches!

Good little auction, at stupidly low prices. Only prevented from doing serious damage as we were in wife's car, which was full. No way of secreting any of the machine tooling & motorcycle parts that went for pitiful money. Damn. SWMBO strikes again, 'tho Kim benefitted.

Colin

Reply to
Colin