Much Marcle

I'm exhibiting at Much Marcle on Saturday coming. Will anyone else on this forum be there?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Is that anywhere near Much Binding (Marsh-wise)? Too far for me, anyhow.

Regards

JW² in Oz

Reply to
JW²

Very heavy rain is forecast throughout the Borders. Options are being kept open!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Kim, I remember 25 years ago (aprox) needing 3 tractors in tandem to pull my car & caravan off that field after a very wet weekend. I think the car was an inch longer afterwards. 8^)

Reply to
Dave Croft

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:04:44 +0100, "Dave Croft" finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swigged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

I remember being at Stourpaine (now, how long ago would THAT be? over

30 years ago) and seeing THREE Field Marshalls in tandem pulling the beer tanker off site at around half-past-ten one night. That was one HELL of a sight!

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

I drove up last evening and found that they were towing in exhibitors & the entrance was like the Somme by 9.30 in the evening - Lord help anyone arriving with a trailer full of big engine!

The caravan & camping area was in a field the other side of the road, requiring quite a trek to get to the engine pens.

I turned round & went home - under 60 miles for me. There is no inducement to be made that would cause me to enter such a site & in my opinion it is reprehensible of the organisers to be encouraging people to get onto a field in such a state before the event has even begun. Further heavy rain is forecast.

I shall not go there again.

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Charles,

I hope to visit Welland this year, another mud plugger rally if it rains but worth the visit, re Much Binding in the marsh, I can understand both yours and Kim's views but I do err towards Kim. We have a local rally to me, about 5 miles away, which I have been going to for years, its a ploughed stubble field, and if it has rained the week before I go look first as many a time in the past I have taken the Bedford with the trailer and had to be towed in and out and that is not fun for me. Last year a mate took his Sherpa pickup and it sunk to the chassis rails standing over the Friday night and took three large tractors to shift it, on seeing that I decided to go home. Several years ago I went to the Banbury Rally and got towed in by an all terrain forklift, by the time I got to the stationary engine line, about a quarter mile from the gate, the Bedford's exhaust was laid out disassembled between the gate and where we stopped. Every leather support strap had been snapped and the tops of the chassis rails were deep in mud and I spent the whole weekend making the van fit to get me home again. I don't mind being towed off but its no fun being towed on.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Welland was the first rally that I (and Hazel) went to when I got interested in stationary engines back in 2000. I went there again in 2008 on the bike as I was seeing someone about buying an engine. Lovely summer's day, snuck in early, stayed long enough to see the engines running and out again by

10.30.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to