Burford Rally

I was talkingto one of the organisers , and they have over 200 engines booked in. I will be arriving on Friday evening, along with the 6 hp Atomic, and Worthington pump, as I have decided to give the Lister a rest this weekend. I look forward to meeting up with some of the NG folks.

Best Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

Not been to this one before, Old Glory rally planner doesn't give any numbers. 200 engines sounds pretty promising though, is it a good rally in other respects?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

I'll be there late on Saturday afternoon/ early evening as I cannot get away from another job in Cuddington (between Thame and Aylesbury) until then. Looking forward to seeing various of us there. As I am wearing at least two hats this weekend, I'll only have small (but perfectly formed!) engines with me that I can shove in the back of the Volvo. I'll then be there overnight and exhibiting Sunday.

What is our corporate "plan" or don't we have one? Will most be in the pub on Saturday evening or sat in the camp round a barbie?

A few Mobile contact numbers might be helpful. Anyone on this list can have mine if they e-mail me a reply, subject simply "Mobile"

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Hi Rich, If you find Burford is too far (It would be for me) don't forget that Cheshire Steam fair is on this weekend just down the road. (Cheshire Steam Fair. Tabley House, near Knutsford. 01751 473780) I won't be going this year due to commitments!

Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Just local then :-))

A LONG trip is 600 miles or more A LOCAL trip is anything within a day's drive.

No2 son decided to go and visit his mate who lived in Peterborough last week, except that said mate now lives on Skye... 10.5 hours and 640 miles later...

Burford is somewhere local to Oxford, my UK maps are in the van and Philip is out with it picking up an old Beetle he bought last night for £500 :-))

M6, M5, M42, M40 and off on the A34 north Oxford, round't bypass and off on the A40 west.

A40 runs through the town, PTFE or one of the others will have local directions...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Thanks Chaps.

Burford is 124 miles away from me according to MSN. Ordinarily I would have gone however I went to Horsham last weekend to buy a 1910 Siemens Dynamo to load the Lister, a round trip of some 450 miles so Cheshire steam fair it is for me this weekend. Plus the fact that the Dynamo was a little heavier than

100kgs, nearer to 150kgs and so the Clio suspension needs a rest !

I will be posting some more details of the dynamo soon, as it is a DC and my knowledge of DC is minimal. My knowledge is with AC induction motor control DC is a bit too old for me.

Is anyone on here knowledgeable on DC machines ?

Thanks for all the help

Rich

Reply to
Rich Fear

Hi Rich, I know a little about DC generators. I had a look in my old books & the only Siemens is a Siemens' and Halske's Overtype bi-polar dynamo from 1904. See

you want any help ask for my phone number (off list) Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Thanks Dave.

Mine looks a bit more modern than that, however we have something similar from 1864 at the entrance to where I work (Siemens automation and drives)

Mine is 1910 2kW 100Vdc 20A machine that is compound wound which apparently accounts for the 5 terminals, 2 for the field, two for the armature and one is a center tap for the field windings.

I have found an original sales brochure in Australia and have ordered that hopefully it can shed some light on things, however I will need a rather meaty resistor to control the field voltage. 20 Ohms 100W is about the order, may have to raid the stores cupboard at work

I will post some pictures probably at the weekend. Found it in latest SE mag for £50 pound for pound a bargain !

Thanks for the info

Rich.

Reply to
Rich Fear

A trip to wonderfull Wales, Bodelwyddan Castle - 12th and 13th July -

Bodelwyddan Castle Vintage Vehicle, Machinery and Craft Show

Right along side the A55

Regards

Anthony

Reply to