This weekends Rally.

I will be at the W.A.P.G rally this weekend, which is being held at Oare Park,on the A345 Marlborough to Pewsey road. Its been held at the Science Museum site at Wroughton for the last few years, but I believe the rental just got too expensive. I'll be taking the IkW Lister D lighting plant, so I'm looking forward to a trouble free couple of days!

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

We've got a garden party/fete to do at Queen Charlton (near Bath) tomorrow and then Sunday on the other bits and pieces that I should have done last week that need to be attended to. We're only taking the radiator cooled D and a Godwin pump as I'm limited to what can fit in my father's 4'x3' trailer and the back of the Land Rover.

Regards

JohnR

Reply to
JohnR

As the Land Rover is still playing up ("they all do that" says the garage mechanic whilst sucking through his teeth) and the Audi and it's tow-bar are still two separate items, I am confined to base (rally-wise). It looks like another neighbour-annoying garden rally for me :( Still, on the bright side, I find a mixture of the Norman drone, the Amanco hitting and missing and the Petter (with spots) wind the neighbours up to fever pitch within a few minutes - I'll just have to settle for that!

Mark

Reply to
mark.howard10

I'm being diesel hauled on a charter run to the East Somerset Railway tomorrow with some mates, wine and cheese on the return run back to Euston. Sunday may actually run Lister L :-))

Mart> I will be at the W.A.P.G rally this weekend, which is being held at

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

Had a great day on the railways, hauled behind a EWS GM Class 59 diesel electric whose acceleration with thirteen coaches was exceptional, you can all explain to your wives that restoring C.R.A.P ( carefully restored antique parts) has nothing on the gents in my carriage who spent the whole journey writing down Freight wagon ID numbers, even to the point where they were exstatic about Army flat wagons near Salisbury. The Golden Anorak should go to them they made us all seem as if we are only practising for the award :-)) Will be back on the NG Friday so its likely to be quiet again :-))

Martin P

Camp> I'm being diesel hauled on a charter run to the East Somerset Railway

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Gentlemen

As previously posted we spent last Saturday exhibiting at a village fete in Queen Charlton near Bath. There was a good selection of engines on view, so I took some pictures which you can see at...

Regards

JohnR

Reply to
JohnR