working lister-petter

I use a wood chipper which is powered by a lister petter 3 cylinder air cooled diesel, it is probably 15 years old and still going strong. It was imported from america and engined here as they use petrol engines.

It has developed a chronic fault in the cable connectors which are 9 way rectangular affairs, one of the terminal pins has corroded out completely, and the connector is not at all well sealed. This part of the loom carries the current from the starter switch/ overide button and control box. The terminal concerned withraws the solenoid which operates the fuel supply.

I think it best to replace the connector and wonder if

be suitable, the 8 way one as not all the pins are used in the current one.

I also wonder if this type of control box which houses the starter switch, overide button, reset and control relays is available as an after market unit, as it would be handy for a tractor on stationary work. It works with a relay which senses both oil pressure and engine temperature, cutting power to the fuel relay if these trigger it. In use the engine is started with the overide button held in until the charge light goes out, when the control relay latches and holds the fuel relay open until there is a fault.

AJH

Reply to
sylva