IHC Type LA

Hi all, I have just returned from a vintage machinery and tractor auction at Hexham, northumberland. A good day was had and there were a few engines for sale, the best buy being a friend who purchased a Petter S oil engine, complete, for £5. I on the other hand purchased an IHC type LA. It is missing the front cover and also the magneto with the drive gear and flange. Does anyone know of the whereabouts of these parts, or anyone who has them. Any assistance appreciated.

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Begger, I was working down in Leeds but didn't know about it anyway. More to the point I couldn't buy anything though due to:

Dave Liquorice

One would say that Lady Luck was on your side there....

Peter

Prepair Ltd

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Oooh. My sympathies - had a bad November day myself in the early 80's. I trust you are OK? Don't hesitate to get yourself checked over thoroughly if you feel in the slightest unwell. I tentatively attribute my slipped disc to my accident, but didn't seek medical help at the time so will never know for sure.

All the best

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Crawled out of a broken rear door window and walked away.

Headache the next day but not since or any sign of stiffness of pain in the neck/shoulders. Right fore arm felt a bit bumped immediatly after but that went in few hours, I've just found a curious swelling/dent in the muscle in about the right place but no sign of brusing and again no discomfort what so ever since the initial "bumpedness" faded. A couple of bruises at the top of each leg this morning no doubt from the lap belt doing it's job. Only other injuries are a few tiny puncture wounds from glass fragments on my hands, more than likely gathered crawling out rather than in the crash itself.

Luck was on my side I'd have been arguing with trees 30 yards back up the road rather than the relatively soft drystone wall. I did the lottery but haven't checked the numbers yet... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Ouch! Congratulations on getting out undamaged, Dave. A traffic cop told me once that absolutely anything is a better option than hitting a tree. They are resilient and their huge root spread makes them very immovable. The drystone wall was a much better ablative target.

How fast were you going?

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I don't think it's congratulations, I didn't intend to leave the road! Before loosing the battle the back end had waggled 3 or 4 times I just couldn't keep it on the road. Being front wheel drive I wonder if I'd booted the accelerator rather than trying to control the skids the traction would have pulled the back end into line?

I know, I've argued with a tree and lost in the past. This was a small tree 5" trunk dia, it did move a bit (leaning about 30deg from vertical) but the front of the car had almost wrapped itself around it and a felt the engine hit the bulkhead and the steering wheel was 6" closer to me... Walked away from that one as well with nothing more than a few cuts.

Wear that seat belt and make sure the lap belt is snug down onto your hips not across any coat or your belly. It *will* save your life.

Most defiantly, hurling rocks 1' cube or bigger 20' into a field takes a fair bit of energy so slows you down quite nicely.

About 50, round a sequence of corners that I have taken at that speed many times before. I wasn't pushing it at all.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice