3-link and bogies

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building a few kit wagons (and enjoying it - or is that the glue?). The one I'm doing right now is has double bogies, and I'm not sure what couplings to use. i've used 3-links on the rest so far, and plan to use

3-links on this one, but given the short wheel base of the bogies on this wagon, I can't see them working at all on any form of curve without pulling the buffer beams apart. Anyone have any suggestions, or should I resign myself to using standard tension lock couplings on this?
Reply to
Ian Cornish

Most people i know, including myself will use shorter buffers if you do experience buffer lock. Shorter buffers look miles better than the hook and bar!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

"Piemanlarger" wrote

A larger diameter buffer head will also often pay dividends. Generally speaking the buffer heads on models are often size, and correcting that is a first step.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

that should read 'buffer heads on models are often under-size'.............

John.

Reply to
John Turner