Re: Locking Buffers

I should have mentioned I suffer the problem only when propelling the wagons.

By the looks of things, the bit of wire across the buffer heads is going to be the SIMPLEST method, and I really don't want 'normal' tension lock couplings fitted - after all, that's why I bought the 3-link ones in the first place!

Thanks for the replies, all have been very useful.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Potter

Increase the diameter of the buffer heads. A millimetre on each buffer (two millimetres overall) makes a tremendous difference and looks better than tension locks.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

"Dave Potter" wrote

It would be unusual to have the problem when pulling them.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Just a thought ..is it only happening on crossovers? If so a short straight length (one inch) between the turnouts would be enough.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes