Bachmann 08 - Coupling Rods.

Dear all
This is a question about the past.
When the Bachmann 08 was first released there was an issue with the coupling
rods being on the wrong way round. At teh time a fix was posted in various
places (including here I seem to remember).
Question: Can anyone remember how to do it?
I have just looked at mine and realised that I never got round to doing
it...
Regards
Elliott
Reply to
Elliott Cowton
On 16/01/2007 14:33, Elliott Cowton said,
No, but have you considered the Brassmasters scale connecting rods? These give a much finer appearance.
Have a butchers at
Paul Boyd
"Paul Boyd" wrote
Why waste time with the Bachmann 08 at all? For very little extra outlay the latest Hornby model of the 350hp diesel shunter has beautiful detail and its coupling rods are delightfully fine.
OK, so the OP already has a Bachmann 08 and the Brassmasters rods are superb, I'll give you that.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
On 16/01/2007 19:10, kim said,
And the rest - it's £30 plus an excruciatingly long lead time! But you don't have to use Ultrascale wheels, although I did.
The crankpins are a push-fit into the outside crank, leaving a plain hole. With a little ingenuity, it should be possible to use Alan Gibson's crankpins with these cranks, and then you can use the Brassmasters rods.
...and I guess I've just answered Elliott's original question - the crankpins are push-fit, so pull them out, switch your rods and push them back!
And yes, John, I wish the Hornby 08 came out first! Oh well, that's life :-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd

Site Timeline