Re: Bachmann Spectrum Building Molds Destroyed?

Bachmann Spectrum building molds were intentionally destroyed.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Bachmann's buildings were made by Heljan in Denmark.

I find it hard to believe that they would be intentionally destroyed. Seems more likely that they're sitting on a shelf waiting for someone else to wanna run them.

Jim

Reply to
Ctyclsscs

???

I've mentioned it twice? Where was the first time - I don't recall that?

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

Exactly. There are different grades of aluminum. Some are much harder than others.

Some folks seem to think that just mentioning the word "aluminum" automatically means cheap molds. The material only matters as far as being able to cut the molds quicker in most cases. Regardless of what material you use, the mold still requires the same amount of design time. And as Charles said, there may be some work that can't be done using CNC machines.

Aluminum molds can also last very long depending on how carefully they are treated in use. There are just too many variables to make blanket statements.

Jim

Reply to
Ctyclsscs

Reply to
MrRathburne

LOL! Guys it's hell to get old.

OK now does anyone remember the original post or do I have to post this questions again and then forget I've already done it twice?!?

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

I was hoping this new thread would have the person who posted it speak up. I believe it was in one of those recent very long threads. The guy mentioned it like it was a fact and now I can't find it to question it. Even when I do a search I can't find it. It's driving me crazy because now I think I am losing my mind. I know I saw it...it is out there. That or dementia is setting in. I already forgot I posted the question before.

Guys beleieve me I could have swore someone posted the statement on this newsgroup about the Bachmann building molds.

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

You started this rumour. What are you basing it on? Simple enough for any age.

Reply to
MrRathburne

CBix wrote: Guys beleieve me I could have swore someone posted the statement on this newsgroup about the Bachmann building molds.

------------------------------------------------ I thought I saw it before, also.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

And another thing, others who posted here remember seeing it as well and responded as so.

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

With this circular rumour logic anything could be proven true.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Well, sir, I cannot vouch for your memory, but I cannot remember just why.

I have the same vague recollection as have you regarding a statement in another thread about the "Bachmann molds" being destroyed. So vague I cannot recall if it was on r.m.r. or some other group or mail list. Nevertheless, my limited recall suggests that there was no detail to the original statement, i.e., no separate confirmation; it may even have been just a question.

I can't dredge up more details from those half-fired synapses, but like as not you read the same thing I did, and it was some months ago.

Now, WHAT was you question, Sonnie?

Richard (Just a wee bit older than your 41 8-) Albuquerque

Reply to
Richard Sullivan

...so you don't have the answer to the original question and just feel compelled to continue dropping vague one liners just to keep your name out there?

And this concludes our demonstration of how threads veer off topic.

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

Are you drunk or something? You start a rumour, then can't back it up when challenged, then say the rumour is off topic?!

You need to take a logic course or get better at starting rumours.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Bull. He started the rumour but rather than just admitting it, he used the excuse of 'hey I heard a rumour'. It is just gossip and rumourmongering, nothing less.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Gregory Procter is correct.

Here is what Charles Bix wrote in his original post:

"In a recent post someone said the Bachmann Spectrum building molds were intentionally destroyed. I think I remember reading that but cannot find which post it was. I find it very hard to believe this is true. Anyone remember reading (or posting) this?

CBix"

Take a look it is the first post in this thread. Where is the rumor starting in this? He is asking if anyone else saw the posting.

Can we please get to our normal topics like SARS, eBay bidding, and George Sellios?

Jim Stanton

Reply to
Jim Stanton

Obviously Rathburne is making a joke with this. No one could take seriously the charge of rumourmongering or spreading gossip from anything posted here.

Rath, please find the thread where I said: "hey I heard a rumor". Maybe I said it but from all the searches I did I could not find it.

...I will sit down and wait for your apology :-)

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

Rathburn, Mr. Blix DID NOT start the thread. It first appeared in the Railroad Modeler Forum on Yahoo- here are the first two messages of that thread - which pertained to Cityscape Models. FYI:

Reply to
KTØT

It's certainly not unknown for manufacturers to produce models that only appear once. Nowdays with the more sophisticated optional die insert possibilities, limited availability variants are relatively common. I could offer some European Bachmann examples, but I'm sure you could find US ones by reading MR ads or the Bachmann catalogue. If an importer wanted to offer a "KBN" (F9) with winterization hatches and three headlights, "never to be repeated", I'm sure Bachmann would oblige provided the profit was there.

Reply to
Gregory Procter