Re: Bachmann Spectrum GP35 diesel??

Any opinions on the quality, both running and body details of the Bachmann

> Spectrum GP35 diesels. How do they compare to Proto 2000, Atlas and Kato > diesels? > > Thanks > Nigel > > >
Reply to
Ralph Renzetti

Do they still have the "pendulum" truck mounting? Mounting the truck pivot at the TOP of the frame, instead of under it, always struck me as pretty stupid.

The Spectrum shells are also generally crude by today's standards.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Reply to
agpete

| Thought Spectrum was synonymous with P2K.

Bachmann and Life Like. Different companies and different lines.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Spectrum is Bachmann's lame (IMO) attempt to compete with Like Like's Proto

2000 line. While P2K is not ideal, it is head and shoulders above the majority of Bachmann's offerings. About the only decent Bachmann Spectrums seem to be their newer steam locos (and not all of them!).
Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Now I wouldn't go so far as to say that, I had the Bachmann Spectrum GE

70 tonner with both trucks powered with a motor, ran very well and performed quite nicely. It was in SP tiger stripe scheme, reminded me of when I was a kid and saw Tiger stripers working along side SP steam. In the late 40's the SP would use an Alco S2 (sometimes) coupled to the nose of a 5000 class (4-10-2) as a helper on freight.

John

Reply to
John Franklin