bachmann 40s

It was going to be May... Then it was July.. Now they are saying September... Anyone betting they'll be here this side of Christmas???

Me? a cynic? Noooooo...Not me.

I reckon that the 66 and 57 models have taken priority.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Oh Noooooooo!!! pity, 40s are more important surely!! ;-)

Reply to
ViP

Indeed. And I think Heljan can tell you why.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Bachy'll have some big release just in time for the NEC show in early December - I bet it's the 40.

Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

The 66 is still listed as November, two months behind the 40, and the

57 doesn't have a date yet, see

Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

"Adrian" wrote

I believe the Bachy 57 has been quietly dropped, and Heljan have allegedly done the same with the 66.

So where's the fuffing 40s? I want mine NOW!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

I want a 57. That's a 57XX, the one with the original cab, that Bachmann don't do any more.

Reply to
John Sullivan

That may be the case, and that date may stand, but the point is that Bachmann have competition with the 66 and 57, so they will put their energies into getting that out ASAP.

I'm not necessarily saying that the 66 & 57 will appear before the 40, but work on the 40 won't be allowed to delay them. The 40 has after all been in development for over a year, and the pre-prod models were at Warley. We've seen nothing of the 66 or 57, but I'll bet they will be out this year.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" wrote

Try reading my post earlier in this thread. It is being reported that Bachmann have dropped the 57 and Heljan are not proceeding with the 66.

Common sense prevailing at last???

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Sorry - missed that.

Interesting. Where did youe hear that? I was never convinced that Heljan could develope the Western, 66 and 57 in any reasonable period of time. Add to that talk of a 33 and 26/27s and that would be a lot of development work for Hornby or Bachmann, let alone Heljan.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" wrote

It was reported on one of the internet email groups which has members connected with the model railway press.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote:-

GM licensing arrangements prevailing at last?

Some people will always prefer a Heljan version of the 66 so why shouldn't we have a choice?

(kim)

Reply to
KimPateman

Adrian wrote:-

It has been reported that Heljan has dropped all mention of the 66 from their website. This is possibly a result of legal intervention.

(kim)

Reply to
KimPateman

Did Lima have to pursue a licence for their 66?

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN Messenger: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

By cunningly disguising it to not look like a 66, they didn't need to... :)

Reply to
Ian Bartlett

Hehe, they could just argue that it was a 59 in a Hornby-Virgin-DVT-styleeee :)

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN Messenger: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Rubbish

Nick

Nick Gurney

"Ian Bartlett" wrote

LOL - funny but a reassuringly accurate assessment of the Lima (lack of) effort.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Rich Mackin" wrote

Hornby-Virgin-DVT-styleeee

At least Hornby got the colour right - more than Lima EVER managed with their attempt(s) at EWS red.

John.

Reply to
John Turner