Bachmann Dissapointment

After years of RTR abstinence, I bought a Blue Riband mineral wagon. On opening the box, I was surprised & disappointed to find the sides concaved like a poorly constructed kit. Is this normal? Is this the accepted norm for RTR? There seem to be plenty of prolific Bachmann buyers on this group praising their fidelity & I would appreciate an opinion. For the record, I don't find it acceptable. Reproducing all the detail of the prototype pales into insignificance if they can't produce a square box to base it on.

Keith

Reply to
ollisk

Sounds to me like you got a duff wagon. I've bought quite a few wagons from Bachmann, and all have been fine. I would suggest you take it back to the shop where you bought it from and get a verified ok replacement (make sure you get to see it properly first).

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

In message , Ian J. writes

Sounds to me like you got the 16-ton slope-sided mineral wagon, which is supposed to be like that.

Reply to
John Sullivan

John

supposed to be like that.

Reply to
ollisk

Sounds to me like the retailer stored it in direct sunlight during that very hot weather. I saw something similar in a South facing shop window a few weeks ago.

Alan

Reply to
Alan P Dawes

Whats the reference number on the box? Tell us this and we can see if its supposed to be slope-sided or not :o)

Reply to
Ben