Bachmann EMD GP40 - how do you get the body off?

Hello all.
I bought one of these to explore the possibilty of using the all-wheel-drive
chassis in a another model (at £17, it has to be worth a go).
Unfortunately, I just can't figure out how to get the body off. If there are
any screws, I can't see them..
Can anyone help before I go looking for a US-based group...
Adrian
Reply to
The Bradshaws
If you have the type with ahead and astern couplings fixed in the chassis simply remove the screw which fixes each coupling holder in place and withdraw the coupling and its housing. The Body can now be gently prised off of the chassis with a small screwdriver, rather like the hornby Cl 47 etc. Be careful that the coupling holders do not separate and disappear!
Peter A
Montarlot
Reply to
Peter Abraham
"Peter Abraham" wrote in message
The version I have has Bachmann EZ-Mate couplings, which don't appear to be in the way and screw directly into the yellow plastic body.
Are there lugs somewhere which old it on? I can't see any. I'll try again, gently, with a screwdriver...
Thanks for your reply Peter
Adrian
Reply to
The Bradshaws
With mine the buckeye is enclosed in a block which passes through a slot in the body and is then fixd through to the chassis by a single machine screw. the coupling enclosure then forms a retaining lug at each end. The bogies are independant. This a co-co model. The two bo-bo examples both have their couplings directly onto their bogies. Their bodies unclip without problem with a driver slipped into the side joints.
Regards
Peter
Reply to
Peter Abraham
"Peter Abraham" wrote in message
Ah well, it looks like this is a diferent arrangement. The fuel tank seems loose-ish - at least it has some "give" in it, but doesn't pull off. I suspect that it is something under there that secures the body.
Adrian
Reply to
The Bradshaws
Here I am again --- Ii have looked at another of the new ones and lo it is different! This model has a clip on cover which forms the fuel tank exterior. This simply unclips from either side and reveals the ballast mass with two screws fixed on the diagonal. These release the entire body.
Regards
Peter
Reply to
Peter Abraham