Bachmann EZ DCC

I see Bachmann has named it's new DCC system 'Dynamis', and then goes on to
give a dictionary definition of the word i.e. adj. characterized by force of
personality, ambition and energy; of or concerned with energy or forces that
produce motion.
Has anybody got a dictionary that actually includes this word ?
Reply to
Keith J Patrick
The message from "Keith J Patrick" contains these words:
'Dynamis' (pronounced 'doonamis') is a Greek word with the basic meaning of power. It is presumably the root word behind words like dynamite and dynamic and probably even dynamometer.
Hope this helps
Reply to
T Alan Anderson
"T Alan Anderson" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk...
words:
Just to confuse the issue its a theological term meaning basically "1) The power of (a) God or 2) Proof of (a) Gods existence" Now where's Peter Denny when you need him :) Its classical greek, and has had the theological/philosophical meaning for well over 2000 years Beowulf
Reply to
Beowulf
Thanks folks. I wondered if it was a word that Bachmann made up. I have the Concise English which I thought had all the words I would ever need !!!!!
Keith
Reply to
Keith J Patrick
"Keith J Patrick" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...
The full Oxford dictionary costs here over £600 and is c26 volumes or so... if memory serves me correctly...... 8P beowulf
Reply to
Beowulf
I have the two-volume tiny-print edition, which I got for $26 when i subscribed to Folio Editions about 30 years ago. No longer subscribe, but the OED is fine for 99%+ my queries, even though it lacks the recent additions and updates.
I've been hinting I'd like a sub to the digital edition, but may have to treat myself. :-)
Reply to
Wolf K

Site Timeline