Bachmann Dynamis

I have started on the DCC route and have bought a Bachmann Dynamis. I have chipped 5 locos so far and addressed them. I have linked all 4 mainline tracks to the command box via two on-off switches, so that a further "always on" feed goes to a programming track.

Everything seems fine and I have checked the track with a DC system to ensure that there are no short circuits. However, when I use any of the tracks, after a lap everything grinds to a halt - the transmit/receive indicator falls to zero and everything stops. No short is detected on the handset, but I have to press "stop" twice to get things going again. Do you think that this may be caused by dirty track, so that the command station isn't receiving a feedback signal - or it just faulty?

Reply to
Peter Tomlin

Everything seems fine and I have checked the track with a DC system to ensure that there are no short circuits. However, when I use any of the tracks, after a lap everything grinds to a halt - the transmit/receive indicator falls to zero and everything stops. No short is detected on the handset, but I have to press "stop" twice to get things going again. Do you think that this may be caused by dirty track, so that the command station isn't receiving a feedback signal - or it just faulty?

Dont think there is a feedback signal from track to controller so thats very unlikely cause. However there have been lots of problems with the infra red connection dropping the signal. As you say its any track and about the same amount of time would definately consier the infra red, but theres a slightly lessor possibility of low battery power. Would try new batteries or fully charged ones. Then would try running loco short distance, stop it, then repeat a few times until either its not working or at least 2* prev time its been running. If it fails after about same time then try various positions with infra red.

Good luck - dont be afraid to give up and take it back.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

ndrl24g_y snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

[...]

IIRC the default setup on the Dynamis is such that if the cotroller momentarily loses contact with the base station it closes down and you have to press the stop button to restart. Somewher ein the menu structure ypou can alter this setting so that short communivcation breaks don't cause shutdown. Not saying this is deffo your probpem but worth doing anyway IMHO.

Reply to
airsmoothed