Bachmann Jinty & K3

Jinty and K3 arrived in nearby model shop today!

37/0's also VERY imminent - wouldn't surprise me if there are a few at the NEC this weekend. Also the Heljan Western has hit these shores and is rumoured to be available this weekend.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

On 02/12/2004 19:58, Mick Bryan wrote,

I wonder why this weekend in particular....

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Mick Bryan wrote:-

A certain number of K3's and 37/0's have been earmarked for collectors club members. I'd be very surprised if we didn't receive these first.

No news yet from Antics which is one of Hejan's biggest distributors in the UK.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The Heljan Western has been on sale at some retailers all week and some have already sold out of certail liveries.

Nick

Nick Gurney

So what we need to know is, is the Jinty sufficiently improved on the Rovex model to justify upgrading?

Rgards, Greg.P. ;-)

Mick Bryan wrote:

Reply to
Gregory Procter

You should have upgraded that at least twice, first with Triang then with Hornby. Tell you about the Bachmann when I've seen it. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

"kim" wrote

Oh yes? We've had K3s and Jintys in the shop since yesterday.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Gregory Procter" wrote

No question; the Bachmann model looks superb and actually looks like a Jinty, which is more than can be said for the monstrous thing that Margate produced.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Sure, but Margate delivered more than 50 years earlier! :-) Here in New Zealand we didn't know what the prototype looked like anyway.

Greg.P. NZ.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

John Turner wrote:-

Are your K3's factory-weathered?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Nope, but weathering wasn't mentioned in your OP.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Gregory Procter" wrote

Aye and back in the 1930s they produced a Jinty with 0-4-0T wheel formation in tinplate O-gauge when Hornby was based in Binns Road Liverpool.

Same problem in Liverpool apparantly, maybe worse, they thought "Flying Scotsman" was a 4-4-2.

;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote:-

That's because I didn't look up the details until I read your reply. If only a limited number of bodies were available, club members should have received their version first. These were all paid for in advance.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Only the BR early crest version has been released, the others are not scheduled until January if you believe the Bachmann website.

Also only the BR early crest Jinty has so far been released, with the others also be quoted for January delivery.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

My Dad had one of those which partially made it down to my older brother - I had no idea it was a Jinty!

Hahh, that was a Nord Pacific repainted! I never figured out why a British firm would produce a French loco in ...errr... British colours?

Greg.P. NZ.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

"Gregory Procter" wrote

It was whatever you wanted it to be, especially when it appeared in LMS, LNER, GWE & SR liveries. ;-)

Cause they could, guess that's why the guys at Tri-ang decided the Davy Crockett loco was a good idea.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It was an excellent idea at the time - Davy Crockett was topical and the loco made use of an existing mechanisim - unfortunately NZ production of a limited range made obtaining the Davy Crockett here quite difficult. We did however have the Jinty with an NZR headlight molded on :-)

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Nick Gurney wrote:-

My mistake. The Westerns are listed on Antics' new arrivals page (along with the Jinty and K3) whereas they have yet to update the Heljan section which I normally read.

(kim)

Reply to
kim