Bachmann Loco

I have noticed with quite a few Bachmann 00 locos a side to side wobble when running. Panniers / 08's / Jitneys, in fact most 030 chassis. Can this problem be corrected.

Reply to
Paul

Paul said the following on 07/07/2006 06:56:

Probably by putting the other three wheels back on :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"Paul" wrote

It also happened with the prototype, with 03 & 04s particularly.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
Paul

Ignore him Paul, this is an international site and people here use

0-3-0!
Reply to
peter abraham

Can I be the first "UK.rec.models.rail" - I suppose if we go for English, Scots etc it could be considered international. But the sensible questions include is this only at high speed. Whilst a number of the first Jinty batch were absolute crap it was more of a wont run than wobble, or perhaps lurch in the general direction... Only on straight bits, over points, sharp curves etc.... Is youre track any good, can you try a wobbler on someone elses track, or someone elses none wobbler on yours ?

Cruel perhaps, but hope it helps to get started. Simon

Reply to
simon

"peter abraham" wrote

It's a site for UK enthusiasts Peter, and the standard Whyte notation is

0-6-0 for UK prototypes.

|John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 07/07/2006 19:36, peter abraham said,

No, this is about UK railways - read the charter posted here every month, or the newsgroup title for that matter. As such, there is no such thing as an 0-3-0 - in fact I'm not sure that this is even used internationally.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I expect the French would have used 030 for what we would call an

0-6-0.

But I know of at least two classes of 0-3-0, and there's even one running in preservation in India. See

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

And, nearer to home, there is always the Listowel and Ballybunion in Ireland, which ran some 0-3-0's.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

yes but that was a really bizarre three rail monorail........... with definately major problems with balance.....should have been a politician... beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf