Big 4 Station/Junction

In the days of steam was there a place where the LNER met the Southern.

I have mainly LNER stock, but would like some Southern green

Bob

Reply to
Bob Heath

The only link I can think of would be at Snow Hill/ Holborn Viaduct

and in passenger terms that link had disappeared before grouping.

Reply to
David Biddulph

In message , snipped-for-privacy@notigg.not.no writes

That would be the East London Line, which is now underground only, although there are lots of plans (but not much action) to make it a new north-south connecting route. I seem to remember seeing freight on it in the 1950's.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

The message from "Bob Heath" contains these words:

As other posters have mentioned, only in London.

However, in same boat as me - so I have "imagined" that the LSWR won the bidding war for the Didcot and Newbury Railway, and a co-operation between LSWR and GC built an extension via Thame to Aylesbury - hence I am modelling Thame ....

Reply to
Colin Reeves

"Colin Reeves"

To take this even further

We are currently building a second world war layout, based on the film representation.

So we have the Dam Busters on one side, the Guns of Navarone on the other, a bit of Cockleshell Heros in the harbour ...

Of course our models are those likely to be seen in the films as well - so a thinly disguised Japanese Steam model will serve as the main passenger train ... and whatever carriages we like the look of!

We have had to set it in occupied France, so that we can get away with calling it "Chateau Cliche"

All done in the best possible taste :-)

Who cares about authenticity (at least in this case).

(With appologies to the rivit counters)

Jeremy Cole

the Southern.

green

Oxford ? Newcastle to Bournemouth, etc., services via Banbury and GCR, with LNER, SR, GWR and LMSR stock all likely to appear, especially when there were summer reliefs.

Bevan

Reply to
Bevan Price

Many years ago south of Thames trains could run into Liverpool Street via what is now the East London Line. You can see the current terminus of the East London line when coming out of Liverpool street on the main and electric lines. This definitely happened pre-grouping but you need to find out when it stopped.

Chris

Reply to
Chris