Birds Eye Containers

I have been asked to prepare some transfers for the forthcoming Conflat B and AFP container kits from Genesis Kits.

Whilst I have access to a good supply of B&W photos of the containers, (largely thanks to Paul Bartlett's Fotopic site), I'm having some trouble deciding exactly what colour some of the markings were.

Now I know that one shouldn't use a model as first-hand evidence, but does anyone have one of the (incorrect length) Birds Eye containers formerly produced by Palitoy / Bachmann?

I had loads, but being a clever devil I stripped them all and painted them in correct BR white with my own AF / AFU transfers. At the time, I didn't expect an AFP kit to become available, so I didn't bother to keep one for reference.

If someone is prepared to let me know what colours the various markings are printed in, it would at least give me some pointers.

Many thanks in anticipation.

John Isherwood, Cambridge Custom Transfers.

John Isherwood

Hi, I have 6 of these. The roofs are off-white/cream, bodies a kind of blue/aquamarine. The Birdseye logo on the center left is white with "Birds eye" in red. On the right is "Fish Fingers" which is red letters bordered with white.On the bottom left of the container is 14901, and on the bottom right is 12T Hope it helps Rob

Reply to
Rob

Many thanks, much appreciated.

John Isherwood.

Reply to
John Isherwood

Why don't you try contacting the customer services dept at birds eye or the marketing dept at Unilever? I'm sure someone would have some company promotional pictures somewhere hidden in the archives.

Just a thought.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Livingstone

Martin,

I think that, thanks to Paul Brtlett, I may shortly have available to me a colour photo of the newly introduced prototypes.

I've also been sent scans of the old printed Trix model. This was very detailed lettering wise, even though what should have been raised detail was printed 'trompe-d'oeil fashion'. This has answered many of my queries, and I just await final confirmation from Paul's photo.

Many thanks for your helpful suggestion.

Regards, John.

Reply to
John Isherwood