Can folks identify the super detailing on this please?

Hi again all

I am hoping to super detail a couple of locos to this standard and am hoping someone might either have done similar or know (if) where I can get the bits to do this. It really appeals to me in this form.

The link is

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Try Alan Gibson - he does a range of bits including things like steam injectors, vacuum exhausters etc. I've used some of his parts on to add detail to DJH kits with good results.

There is also another company that does packs of BR Standard detailing parts and apologies as I can't remember their name, although Sheffron seems to ring a bell.

HTH, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Website

Highly recommended!

Steamline Sheffield?

the page for their BR Standard castings. Again, highly recommended.

Steve, if it is actually a Brit that you are detailing, you may also wish to consider a set of Jackson Evans smoke deflectors. Try

and type "Britannia" into their search engine. I have a set in my stash, waiting for the day when I finally get my finger out and build that long awaited Brit! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

wow guys - many thanks! .... It does look like I will be spending a bit to get the result but you have to don't you?

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Recently purchased by Comet, I believe. Try

TOS

Reply to
The Old Salt

That's the one! Thanks Enzo.

Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

In message , Mick Bryan writes

Should be Vacuum Ejectors. Exhausters were used on diesel stock.

Reply to
Clive Coleman

Oops! I should know better - it's all these diesel models I've been working on lately.....................

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

if ya can find a hair

split it

:)

I bought that loco by the way folks - it appears to have had extensive detailing done, which would've made it vastly more expensive than that 29 Pounds I paid for it. Now I will use it as a base for further super detailing/weathering. Not certain how old this one is, but I "think" it is a newer version as it sports a lot of detailing only found on the later ones. Should be interesting to see.

thanks again for the assistance - I will be in touch with the people recommended and report back what I hear.

mindesign