British Pullman Coaches???

Hi all

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this.... I am wanting to buy some Pullman Carriages for my model railway. There seems to be a fair variety of Hornby ones, ranging is price and style. It seems they have been made for more than 40 years and I am wondering whish ones to look out for, but can't really see anywhere that displays how these models have evolved over the years - I know I had a set as a kid that ran behind either my Princess Elizabeth or my Britannia. They were very pretty and I would be interested in getting some from that period again (early 1970's). But I have also seen some that are by Hornby that are longer, and have a far higher level of detail. Also, I have seen what I 'believe" is a set from the 80's or early

90's that look different to both...... anyway if someone out there can clarify this I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

I would opt for the latest Hornby type, the detail is superb and they are to scale. There are two types, steel panel sided and wood panel sided, depending on the era you are modelling, or if you are like me I have them all because I like them. Bachmann have also recentley released post war (1950s I think) Pullmans to give you even more choice.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Heath

"Bob Heath" wrote

to give you even more choice.

Not yet I'm afraid although they were listed in their 2004 Catalogue.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks for the input - I will get along to one of the local hobby shops and check out the new ones - I am told they even have operating lights in some! Classy..... bloody dear as poison I bet

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

A few model shops are trying to dispose of these ex-catalogue company sets:

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas