Chemical blackening question

Anyone know what will blacken down the motion on older Tri-ang and Hornby locos? (apart from paint, of course)

thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Leave them outside for a few days? Actually, I've used AIM weathering solution to good ish effect. Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Gun bluing also works.

Safety note: these chemical blackeners are all more or less toxic, so follow all safety advice.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

hey thanks - I have some barrel blueing here so will give it a try

Steve

Reply to
mindesign