China Clay Article.

Maybe I can jog someone's memory.

In the Constructor in the early 1980s, there was a series of articles on the construction of the "Bodmin" S4 layout which ran for a year or three. In the early articles, there was discussion about the goods traffic in the station. Reference was made to the china clay traffic, and that there would be a separate article on that traffic to follow.

Well, I searched through all the remaining copies of the Constructor and couldn't find the article. Did it ever appear, and in what magazine? I have a faint memory of seeing such an article, but I've no idea where.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

It wasn't in Model Railway Journal was it, a lot of the S4/P4 migrated to that magazine regardless of the demise of MRC ?

Reply to
Jerry.

Reference was made to the china clay

Index of MRJ on line here,

Iain Rice has certainly written about China Clay so it could be in the Rail Model Digest or one of his books. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Another comprehensive book on the subject is:

'An Illustrated History of West Country China Clay Trains'. John Vaughan, OPC..... ISBN 0-86093-543-4 First published 1987, Second edition 1999.

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
robert.pollard2

A search of my on-line database for 'china' reveals 9 related articles, I suggest you try for yourself for the article you need

Reply to
Brian Schofield

Related point, does anyone know if the end-door clay wagons were used for inland flows. I always thought they were just used for feeding the local ports but someone has suggested otherwise.

Reply to
Mike
Reply to
Brian Williams