class 92

Lima or Hornby, which is the better model?

Why?

Reply to
Piemanlager

Hornby

It goes.

(Lights are a bit bright, though. Whole front eng glows!)

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

Lol, should have said I was not worried about performance as it will be towed by a class 66 as a failure! Is the Hornby the better model accuarcy wise? I guess I woill want an EWS version as I am trying to stick to a time period of 2000 onwards.

Simon

Reply to
Piemanlager

Hornby one looks too fat for my liking. Lima one seems to, ahem, "capture the look" better, IMHO!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Don't bother about going for an EWS version- there's only two have been repainted in maroon, with all the rest staying grey with 'polo mint' symbols Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

Thanks, I will look for a cheap Lima one then.

Simon

Reply to
Piemanlager