Cove Models to close

Cove Models in Farnborough have the following announcement on their website.

Due to the retirement of the proprietor and the termination of the property lease

COVE MODELS WILL BE CLOSING FOR BUSINESS ON 30 JULY 2005

We should like to sincerely thank all customers who have supported us over the last 17 years.

The latest in a long line of model shops to close.

nick

Reply to
nick.moog

Keith J Patrick

Sad news.

I never visited their shop, but have bought their excellent 7mm kits (Blacksmith) by mail order from them. Always excellent service.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Again from the website

"BLACKSMITH MODELS Will continue in business via mail/telephone orders with its "extensive range of etched brass kits and parts. Also many other manufacturers "products that have been available from the shop will be stocked e.g. Markits, "Alan Gibson, MJT etc.

I have used Cove for both model railway and plastic armour kits for myself and for slot cars and diecast armour for the kids.

I have always found both the variety of stock in Cove and the helpfulness of the staff excellent.

West of London is looking very bleak for the modeller Harrow Model Shop closed Rebel Troop in Reading closed A Model shop in High Wycombe has recently closed and now Cove.

I know that there is always the internet, but the increase in model purchases from the internet must be one of the prime causes of the death of the local model shop.

Regards Nick

Reply to
nick.moog

This was in July's Railway Modeller.....

Reply to
peterfelgate