Custom made wagons

Having been made to wait for certain wagons to be released from the major R-T-R manufacturers I have decided to have some custom made out of White metal , resin and brass.

What wagons is everyone out there in newsgroup land waiting to be made and what kind of cost would you all expect to pay for such wagons.

Matt

Reply to
Drew Peacock

In message , Drew Peacock writes

Well, I would like some RCH 6- and 7-plank mineral wagons on wooden underframes, with brakes on one side only, undecorated/unpainted. I know you can get these in kit form, and Hornby do them (with brakes on both sides) in decorated form RTR, but for some reason you cannot get them undecorated. I only need a hundred or so of them.

Reply to
John Sullivan

"Drew Peacock" wrote

Some of these HTVs please:

and some accurate VDAs like these:

These PFAs would be nice:

and finally how about SPAs:

I'd buy any of those in multiple, and the price wouldn't be too critical if the quality was there.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Im after some turbots and seacows, whats the correct livery for them 2 in BR blue days? I have seen a kit for the seacows and it looks very good. The dogfish from Heljan are due soon, anyone have and pics?

Reply to
ViP

Reply to
Rich

Trade price of course! :-) Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote

Of course, especially if I were to stock them for resale, which would be a distinct possibility.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Keeping the samples for yourself of course? :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

How about a ex SDJR 10 ton outside framed Brake Van...although I concede this probably isn't at the top of many peoples list! ....in which case maybe a "Palbrick" or a 6 wheel milk tank. Most of the common wagons in the era I model are available RTR or kit so I'm quite lucky.

Ian PS There seems to be a big demand for "modern" air-braked stock..slightly OT but it would be interesting to know the percentage of this group that models pre and post Beeching?

Reply to
IanClarke

"IanClarke" wrote

My period covers a rather broad 1975 to the mid/late 1980s. You could almost say historical BR diesel TOPs era.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk (IanClarke) contains these words:

Pre-Beeching here. 1957. No diesels! (There is a shunter thing gathering dust in a drawer. I could justify a D8000 or two running on test from Vulcan Foundry, but so far I haven't bothered)

Reply to
David Jackson

I have young children, so I guess "Fantasy era" :-)

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

Wot, like these:

- Nigel

Reply to
NC

What about the LMS "twins", DELTIC, 10201-10203 to number a few............

You need to modernise a bit...........

Mind you, I suppose steam and not having blokes walking with red flags in front is modern for you

Mick p.s. You going to Wigan?

Reply to
Mick Bryan

The very same...nice looking kit.

I perhaps wrongly assumed Drew was talking about 4mm.

Ian

Reply to
IanClarke

The message from "Mick Bryan" contains these words:

Main line boxes! However you missed out 10100 and 10800. I'm modelling a secondary line: Black Fives Rule!

Gerroff!

Can't argue with that. Have you got the HST into Tontine St. yet?

Reply to
David Jackson

HTVs are now done

SPA Cambrian