large machine screws, source ?

Does anyone know a reliable source for nice decorative machine screws or
bolts?
I'm having trouble finding some bolts with a nice chromed dome head
about 15 or 20 mm in diameter (thread size doesn't matter as I can make
the whole to fit.
Thanks
Reply to
General Jack D Ripper
You could try this website and the links page
this was found on
and this is a good site for every thing else.
Ian Gearing

Ian Gearing
Wood screws with a removable chrome dome head are available as "mirror screws" from most DIY places.
If you want machine screws, I suggest hex-socket button head screws, or assemble using dome nuts and studding instead of screws.
Go to
and enter the following stock numbers in the search box:
210-0089 Button-head screws, zinc-plated steel 183-8733 Button-head screws, A2 stainless steel
293-088 Dome nuts, zinc-plated steel 248-4416 Dome nuts, A2 stainless steel 248-4494 Dome nuts, A4 stainless steel
Those numbers are for M6 thread, but there is a huge range of sizes on the same pages.
regards,
Martin. ---------- email: snipped-for-privacy@templot.com web:
Martin Wynne
Could you not get mirror type wood screws and glue the dome bit on to your bolts after fixing
Reply to
Wilf Baker