source for special screws?

I'm reworking a bunch of old Ridgid hand ratcheting pipe threader die heads that
I got a killer deal on. These have a cast iron plate on the top fastened with 3
or 4 screws which are unusual screws. They are as best I can tell, slotted oval
countersunk head machine screws, 1/4-20x3/4", but the very circumference of the
head rather than being a sharp line where the vee of the countersunk head meets
the curve of the oval top, the head has a curved profile. Machinery's Handbook
says "may be rounded". My problem is I can't find a local source where I can buy
Ridgid parts, I can't order them from Ridgid, I can't find an online dealer, and
I can't find an online or local source (Seattle area). They are black oxide but
I don't really care about the finish.
The reason I'm not just going to reuse them is that the tops of these pipe dies
have taken a beating, and the highest point is the tops of the screws, and as a
result the screw slots were almost peened closed. I was able to get the slots
opened enough so a hand impact tool could crack them loose and remove them
(whew) but I don't want to reuse screws with slots this damaged.
Anyone know a source?
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Loading thread data ...
The only reason why I'd want the exact same kind of screws is to "restore" the tool. You can always chuck up a standard screw in the lathe and round the heads off as an alternative method of getting the screws to that shape.
-- Why isn't there an Ozone Hole at the NORTH Pole?
Reply to
Bob May

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.