Dalpol 14xx - Anyone seen it?

Dalpol are apparently offering a 14xx 0-4-2 tank in N, and it is a lot
less expensive than just about anythingelse on the market.
Im tempted - Has anyone seen this thing in action? Does it work?
Mike
Reply to
Mike
Does anyone know if there is a problem with MREG? The latest date I am able to get is 24th August, or did/have I missed a message from Pat that there wouldn't be any updates for a few days?
Thanks, David
Reply to
leroileo
I was wondering the same thing... I need my fix!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all is well with Pat.
Reply to
Rob
Due in September, I gather. No sign of the pre-production models yet, other than the portotype on the website which looks ace!
On the subject of N Gauge, I've been told that the Class 170 Turbostar is now due for release in November.
Adam Warr
Reply to
Adam
Thanks - Finally found their site - Looks promising but I'd want to see it running before I bought one, although if the price I was quoted was right it'd be very tempting to get one just to experiment with. Hope they do a Hymek
Reply to
Mike
What sort of price were they talking about? Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies
"Bill Davies" wrote
Interesting comment this. I'd be more inclined to ask whether it's going to have a top quality mechanism and look like a 14xx, rather than ask about price.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
The RRP will be £49.99. I gather the power unit will be a small three-pole motor. It's due in October, along with matching Collett Auto-coaches at £13.50.
Certainly the level of detail showed on the pre-production model is far better than the old GF locos and will be matched only by the new Bachmann V2.
Adam Warr
Reply to
Adam
I was somewhat concerned at the steady rise in cost for N Gauge models, at fifty quid its not too bad, if reports suggest it works I'll buy one to support the effort
Reply to
Mike
Well there's going to be plenty of BS anticipating whether or not it's any good, some will have the knives out whatever the actual product is like, whereas others will welcome it with open arms whatever the shortcomings. I'll make my own mind up about these issues when I get to see/try one. As the matter of price was mentioned by Mike, I was interested to find out where in the marketplace it's being aimed. Until we get our hands on them it's the only solid information we'll have to go on, Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies
Judging by the relative performance of recent Dapol models versus Bachmann in 00, the chance of Dapol N being "superlativley better than anything else" is slim in the extreme, I think your money is safe.
Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Reply to
Keith Norgrove
"Stu" wrote
It would take something of that level of quality to even get me to consider British N-scale as a serious option.
I have to say that the spec I've read so far doesn't suggest it will be worth considering, but I genuinely hope I'm proved wrong, just that Dapol's track record doesn't inspire too much confidence.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
But either they work or they are just ornaments, I know I have several ornaments.
I'm currently looking at the possibility of fitting UK outline body kits onto continental loco chassis, part of the reason is all continental locos can handle 7.5 inch radius curves, Bachman are saying (as I understand it) their new locos cannot cope with anything less than 11 inch radius
I wouldnt go less than eighteen inch radius in visible areas but that small radius is damned handy in fiddle yards and they run beautifully.
If I were not such a jingoistic foaming at the mouth cultutural chauvanist I would be modelling continental railways, if I had more room I would work in OO or O Gauge , but I am and I dont, so I hope this little engine stays on the track.
Mike
Reply to
Mike
"Yoda" wrote
I disagree entirely. British N-gauge needs quality not quantity. We already have some measure of quantity. It would take a significant upturn in quality to get me to switch, even though I might very much like to.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Don't know where that quantity exists. Damn little in my neck of the woods. Bachman keep saying they are going to introduce new stuff but it takes too long to arrive and there are no spares worth bothering about.
Reply to
Yoda
"Yoda" wrote
We've plenty of Bachmann / Farish in stock, but clearly can't comment on your local area.
John.
Reply to
John Turner